The Tangle Network is a next-gen TSS based blockchain with a powerful threshold signature governance system for operating, governing, maintaining, growing, powering cross-chain applications.
Checkout the deployed Tangle test networks. We have deployed our own standalone chain that you may explorer and interact with.
Tangle Standalone Network
Tangle Standalone Network runs independently without a relay chain.
Tangle Parachain Network
Tangle Parachain testnet runs on a testnet relaychain hosted by Webb.
Connected Shielded Pool Protocols
Powers the ability to privately move and transfer assets between blockchains.
Connected Shielded Identity Protocols
Create identities and connect groups between blockchains.
General Messaging Passing & Public Bridges
Capable of enabling public/plaintext cross-chain use cases. Providing efficiency, and security through the use of a TSS MPC that rotates frequently.
Oracle Systems and Data Feeds
Leverage the Webb TSS DKG to sign payloads from data feeds for financial, identity, and other applications
How it Works
The Tangle Network uses a multi-stage governance system to sign payloads with threshold signatures. In order to achieve strong security, we utilize a light-client based approach for signing messages; that is, every message signed by the TSS is crypto-economically enforced to have been verified again by a trustless on-chain light-client.
The governance system works as follows:
- Relayers propose payloads to the governance system by providing merkle trie proofs of inclusion of state and events against their respective blockchains.
- Payloads are verified on-chain and added to an unsigned proposal queue for the Tangle Network DKG Authorities to read.
- Payloads are signed off-chain by the Tangle Network DKG Authorities using their respective DKG shares.
- Signatures are aggregated and combined and, once formed, submitted back on-chain, where they are cross-referenced with a previously generated unsigned proposal. If successful, the unsigned proposal is cleared from the Tangle Network’s on-chain storage and the signed proposal is inserted into the Tangle Network’s on-chain storage.
- If a signature is presented on-chain that cannot be cross-referenced with any previously created unsigned proposal, the DKG authorities are considered malicious and are kicked from the protocol execution within limits. Their stake will be slashed to incentivize against signing payloads outside the governance system’s guidelines.
Interested in what we are building at Webb? Clone the below repositories, and start contributing to a private cross-chain future!
Run a Relayer
Running a relayer helps keep our bridges up to date by relaying the necessary data between both applications and the Tangle Network.
Run a Collator
Running a collator allows you to help secure the network and earn rewards in the process.
Participate in Governance
Through governance, you can create proposals for updating cross-chain applications.
Develop new applications and research
Reach out and build new applications on Webb!