We aim to build a relayer infrastructure that gradually improves in its performance, efficiency, and overall security. We do this in stages by first building the necessary infrastructure to listen to events across a connected set of Anchors and react properly across a Bridge to preserve the liveness of the protocol.
Version 1 - Multi-sig governance functionality
The first iteration of the bridge relayer is responsible for event listening and transaction execution.
- Event listening across a set of connected anchors to learn of new deposits on a Bridge.
- Proposal creation and vote submission over the Bridge's governance process.
- Data replication and an API for inspecting Anchor state off-chain.
Version 2 - Multi-party Threshold governance functionality
We then plan to integrate a DKG into a Substrate node for future governance purposes.
- Direct integration into a (currently) Substrate chain or potentially other blockchain node (Cosmos-SDK)
- Bootstraps off existing validator set and participates in consensus.
- Execution of a distributed key generation protocol to generate a threshold key.
Version 3 - Auxiliary staking and punishment functionality
We will integrate the DKG directly into the Bridge governance system, allowing the bridge to be governed by a threshold key (or many).
- Integrate staking mechanism over finality authorities for registering local key matter.
- Integrate punishment mechanism over improper behavior in the DKG.
- Develop an on-chain pallet to govern the threshold and generate threshold signatures of